We established this school because…
Autistic children require special care, perceptive attention, and individual support. They develop best in a safe, protective, and loving environment.
In Tiszaigar, a few minutes away from picturesque Lake Tisza, we are able to provide unique conditions. Here, kids can learn, play, and develop with the help of competent staff in a family-like school situated on a huge property with lots of fruit trees.
This is the only elementary school in the region which caters for children with autism specifically, so we can bring relief to many families.
Our goals include…
- Training for self-sufficiency: for a family raising an autistic child, one of the key issues is to help the child become as independent in self-care as possible. Our number one goal is to provide them all the help we can in order to reach that goal.
- Environmental awareness: we place great importance on surrounding the kids with a unique environment as well as quality school supplies and toys made from natural materials, thereby promoting a life lived in harmony with nature.
- Cultivating creative receptivity: we are convinced that art can do wonders, therefore we rely on all kinds of creative tools in our students’ development, including crafts, puppets, and music.
Our most important values are…
- a loving, accepting community,
- a safe and secure environment,
- closeness to nature,
- adequate, individually tailored education
- qualified, enthusiastic, and patient special education teachers and assistants,
- autism-specific methods, employing plenty of play, and motion,
- taking age and individual abilities into consideration,
- instruction in learning skills; training in regularity, punctuality, self-sufficiency,
- diverse programs, since we consider it most important that children should enjoy coming to school.
We are the right place for autistic children who…
- have mild or no intellectual disability,
- have been recommended segregated education and training by expert panels,
- depend on spending weekdays in a calm, family-like atmosphere for their progress.
With the help of partners, we desire to achieve the following dreams:
- We would like our school to function at full capacity (13 students) as soon as possible, thereby helping even more families in need.
- We wish to construct a nice playground made from natural materials in the schoolyard.
- We would like to furnish an art studio for them where they can enjoy creating and crafting.
If you wish to support our school, you can donate to the following bank account:
IBAN: HU24 5860 0551 1699 8678 0000 0000 (Duna Takarékszövetkezet)
SWIFT / BIC code: DTBAHUHBXXX
We really appreciate your donation!
Contact information for the school:
Bibiána Alapítvány Autisták Általános Iskolája
5361 Tiszaigar, Rákóczi út 33.
Contact information for the head of the institution, Irén Tóthné Kovács:
+36 70 646 8286